Section 63 of the Employment Act 1955 and the Notification of Retrenchment of Employees 2004 stipulated that employers are required to submit Borang PK to the nearest JTK office within 30 days prior to the following actions :
- Separation Scheme;
- Lay-Off; or
PROCEDURE FOR RETRENCHMENT NOTIFICATION
- Pemberitahuan Pemberhentian Kerja 2004 (Borang PK) should be submitted to the nearest JTK office in the following manners:
- Part I to IV – to be submitted at least thirty (30) days before the action is taken.
- Part V – to be submitted within fourteen (14) days after the action is taken.
- Part VI and Lampiran – to be submitted within thorty (30) days after the action is taken.
- Part V and VI to be submitted only if involving Retrenchments and Separation Schemes.
- Pemberitahuan Pemberhentian Kerja 2004 (Borang PK) is to be submitted at the nearest JTK office.