Labour case proceedings relating to monetary claims by employers and employees are handled in the Labour Court as provided for under Section 69 of the Employment Act 1955 [Act 265]. Employees may also file claims under Section 69F Act 265 in relation to discrimination at the workplace.
PARTIES THAT ARE ELIGIBLE TO CLAIM
*Based on the First Schedule of Act 265
- Any other payment to which the employee is entitled under his contract of service or under any legislation
- Wages in lieu of Notice
EMPLOYEES EARNING MORE THAN RM4,000 (EXCEPT MANUAL EMPLOYEES) ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO CLAIM FOR:
- Payment for overtime;
- Payment for work done on rest day;
- Payment for work done on paid holiday;
- Shift work allowance; and
- Termination / Lay-off benefits.